We are taking on tough problems and solving them through innovative software solutions.
As a Software Engineer you will work with customers and functional area leads and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications. Additionally, in this role you will work with a group of energized and focused software professionals, data scientists and domain experts in the areas of information analytics and visualization leveraging contemporary tools, technologies and development methodologies to build prognostic and diagnostic products using data from wider variety of sources.
– Develop and maintain application written primarily in Java/J2EE/JMS, utilizing AWS services such as SES and SNS and MS-SQL Server.
– Provide support to systems in production.
– Work with project managers to prepare requirements, detailed design and test plans.
– Work with Engineers, Architects, User Experience, and Product Management teams to design and develop new features.
– Work collaboratively with other teams to understand requirements and incorporate them into the software.
– Work with global team members and manage multiple tasks at a given time.
– Learn new tools and skills based on the task at hand.
– Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science
– At least five (5) years of experience in the following technologies:
– Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem solving skills.
– Good understanding of cloud based deployment such as AWS or Azure.
Nice to have .NET experience.
511 Operator plays a pivotal role in collecting and disseminating traffic and transit emergency and non-emergency information assisting in congestion management in the San Francisco Bay Area along with Santa Cruz and San Joaquin county. The timeliness and quality of the information is a key in this role as thousands of travelers depend on this information. The operator shall utilize software (Traffic and Transit Reporting and Management System (TRAMS)) to disseminate information on multiple dissemination channels inclusive of web portal, phone, social media and dynamic message signs.
This opportunity would be a great fit for someone who is data/quality centric and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Position works on a shift basis, and the hours may vary; and staff availability during emergencies is an important consideration for this position.
TIC Operators are responsible for collecting, monitoring and posting of the traffic and transit information. The traffic incident information from California Highway Patrol CAD and Lane Closure System automatically gets logged into the Traffic and Transit Reporting and Management System (TRAMS), the Operator is responsible to ensure the incident details are readable and can be understood by the travelers. Transit Incident Information is received from a variety of media including e-mails, tweets and other sources, and is entered into the system for dissemination on both the phone and web. Other duties include detecting scheduled and unscheduled traffic/transit and incident management events, congestion and travel time imbalances in the geographical coverage area with monitoring and/or surveillance systems.
– Obtain and post incident status information to and from multiple agencies
– Monitor traffic/transit status, construction information, scheduled events and active events
– Produce daily shift, equipment malfunction, activity and phone logs
– Periodic system checks of the dissemination channels and the information being disseminated
– Support during the emergenciesParticipate in the regular operations training